Invitation to Tender: All ability footpath and weed suppressant for Bird Hide at Morris Bridge Fields, Whixall.
July 21, 2021
Closing date for quotations: Wednesday 4 August 2021
Location: Charles Sinker’s Fields, Morris’s Bridge, Whixall, Shropshire, SY13 2RT
Quotes should be returned by email to email@example.com
An area of land has been purchased which originally formed the edge of Whixall Moss (lagg habitat). This has become naturally wet over recent years and has become one of the best areas for wildfowl and wetland birds in North Shropshire. This tender is for access works and weed suppressant prior to the construction of a new bird hide.
This contract is part of a wider scheme to develop a wetland reserve, for which the engineering works contract and bird hide contract have been let. This contract will need to follow on closely after the hide installation. See Appendix 1 for the masterplan of the scheme and Appendix 2 for detail drawings of the footpath and hide.
The contract has two elements:
1. Weed suppressant. To provide and install a suitable geotextile weed suppressant fabric on the slopes around the hide as shown in Appendix 2, pegged down and then covered in 20mm single size shingle.
2. Footpath. Install the footpath from car park to the hide – see Appendix 2, 3 and 4. Path to have timber edgings on each side with suitable drainage gaps. The path will be 150mm thick crushed stone to type 1 standard with a topping of 50mm thick 6mm to dust crushed stone suitably compacted to enable access for all – eg wheelchairs, pushchairs, walking frames. The stone needs to be granite.
We seek tenders that are in keeping with our Environmental Policy. For further information please see our Environmental Policy and our Environmental Sustainability Policy (Appendix 5 and 6).
Please supply a response including:
• A covering letter explaining your past experience and suitability for the contract along with examples of previous work and references.
• An overview of your methodology and approach.
• Detail of the materials you will use, how you will meet the brief, what practises will support SWT’s environmental considerations.
• What your availability is for completing the work.
• Project schedule with milestones.
• Total cost (inc. VAT if relevant) with itemised quotation.
• On all documents please quote: Marches Mosses BogLIFE Project (LIFE15 NAT/UK/000786).
A site meeting is available, please contact Helen Trotman on 01743 284297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full details are outlined in the downloadable PDF document here.